May 5, 2006

Chewy Mars bar cookies

I had a full day of classes at Uni today! It was a ridiculous 9am-6pm stretch of classes. After a 4 hour lecture this morning,I had a 45 minute lunch break in between and was desperate to run home to BAKE something! ANYTHING! ... It sounds a little strange; but everytime I need a break from something, I cook.
With the help of my trusty microwave and oven, I managed these Mars bar cookies and pasta lunch for my housemates in less than 30 minutes! I ran home from class (which was about 2 minutes away); put my apron on, and began whipping out my baking utensils and boiling water for pasta. You can imagine it being quite a chaotic scene as I had to rush back to Uni for a different class after my baking spree.
They don't look too pretty(I didn't really have time); but they were YUM!!! sOOOoo very chewy in its soft centers and indulgently chocolate-chip'py....I just created a word! *grin*. I brought a tupperware full of cookies to class and several of my lucky classmates managed to snag one for themselves. Freshly baked cookies from Su-yin's kitchen never lasts more than 2 minutes in a room filled with my classmates. They were very impressed and very sweet with compliments on my improving culinary skills. *thanks Amrit for helping me finish off and clean up my mess after I dashed off to class
Anyway, here is my personal recipe for my cookie; which is basically a caramel cookie recipe which I added chocolate chips and tiny sliced Mars bars.
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 eggs
150 gms butter softened
4 1/4 cups plain flour + 2 tsp baking sod + 1 tsp salt
1 pack milk chocolate chips
2 Mars bars sliced into 10 mm thickness.

Cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and the eggs one at a time till smooth and combined. Add in sifted flour mixture 1 cup at a time and mix with a large wooden spoon. It may take quite a bit of strength. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto baking sheet and bake in a 180 degrees oven for approximately 9-11 minutes; or till tops brown. Remember to leave spaces between cookies to allow for space to expand. Cool for a couple of minutes before topping with a drop of melted chocolate and a slice of Mars.
I haven't had time to post anything pretty lately....but there's something coming up tomorrow; so...drop by *wink*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OHEMGEEEEEEEEEE
I LOVE COOKIEZZ
HAVE MY BABIEZZZZZ