April 2, 2007

wow...a year...

I don't know where to begin.I am to write about a years worth of blogging; but I am at a loss. Not because there isn't anything to say, but rather there is just too much; ..I am a little overwhelmed.

To most; it's just another web-log; this one just happens to have recipes and pictures of food in it! But to me; it is so much more. I wouldn't conclude that my life evolves around blogging; but I won't deny, I do think about my journal daily. It's the first thing I look at in the morning and the last before I head to sleep. It isn't an addiction; it is love.
It allows me to be heard. I can't say I have a 'million' friends...most of them are nothing more than acquaintances. When I blog; I'm not alone...it's the feeling of being able to share my thoughts and my love for everything food. I like having that feeling. The feeling that this sentence will be read. *hug*

I had the opportunity to communicate with several blog readers of mine on Sunday with a live telecast session from my kitchen. The whole deal with the coding and software got me into tangles with my icing; and it didn't work out as planned....I hope it didn't frustrate you as much as it did me! Oh well...shit happens...*laughs*...we all know nothing good ever comes for free *grin*
I would be lying if I told you I had an awesome day. Lady luck just wasn't on my side. I slogged through the afternoon finishing the cake with a frown and a half; the sun came out and I took a breather at the beach; came home and got ready for a nice chocolate party with some of my dearest friends.We headed down to Max Brenner's @ Double bay....and had Chocolate...lots of it~!!!


I had everyone satisfied and hugging their belly's. It was hard though for me to wholehearted-ly celebrate when 1/2 of the other friends I cared about can't make it. *shrug* I guess they didn't know how much my blog mattered to me.I was pressured by mom, dad and many more into bake a cake for my blogs first birthday. I'm personally not a fan of baking cakes for myself. It feels pretty awkward. I did it anyway. Sucked in. *laughs*The cake is sitting pretty still on my kitchen counter. Anyone wanna help me eat it?.... cause I wont...it's me with my cuppy~cake+camera ! Too cute!~ *giggle*
*I know...i know...i got the hair partition wrong. I modeled the lil me from what I usually see in the mirror; so obviously I had the image flipped. *laughs* I amuse myself with how stupid I can sometimes be.

**thanks Amanda for the card...
was so very sweet of you. I shall be feeding you more often *grin* ...time for you to think about a gym membership *hehe*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

let me be the first to reply to this post.

congratulations on a truly wonderful accomplishment. it may sound simple and trivial to some but i think it could not be further from the truth. your blog brings joy and happiness to those who read it. well done. i hope you continue to inspire us with your energy and dedication for food, and for life really, for many years to come.

i'll help you eat your cake. i don't mind the different 'part' on your hair of the girl on the cake. she's very cute.

ps. had another attempt at the mochi. it was ok. probably not as good as you made it. ;p

Cutie said...

Congratulations. You had done well on your cake and everything. It's really a successful blog and I hope you will produce more food for me to learn. hehe... Do hope to get to know you one day. All the best and keep it up. Great to have come across your blog.

thanh7580 said...

Congratulations on a year of food blogging. It's been a great read. Keep up the good work and keep us salivating at all the food you make.

I'll help eat the cake too, if only I was in Sydney.

Anonymous said...

ehehee!! Loovvely girl, lovely cakes!

Another wonderful year ahead =)

Anonymous said...

congrats ! here's to another.. perhaps many more years to come. Cheers :)

Happy Homebaker said...

Happy Birthday to your food blog! I've been reading your blog since Sept. You have done a great job, well done! I am really impressed with your beautiful cakes and bakes. I admire your courage to try new things and experiement with food to come out with so many mouth-watering dishes. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog while I was browsing for a specific recipe on the Net (can't remember what it was now) and I'm hooked on your blog ever since!

I can't really cook, and being in NY makes me miss all the lovely Malaysian food. You certainly inspire me to try making it myself in my own kitchen.

Till then, many congratulations on your blog's first bday!

Aunty Yochana said...

Hello suyin,

love your fondant cake. Happy Birthday to your blog....hug n kisses from me.

rgds

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 1st year of blogging.I've only just discovered your blog & I enjoy reading & salivating over your food photo's.I actually made your tim tam truffle bouquet yesterday for a friends birthday -it wasn't as pretty as yours but my friend was delighted all the same.I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
PJ

Cat said...

Su-Yin - congrats on your year anniversary. I enjoy reading your blogs, learning what recipe you've tackled and all the great cooking tips you provide. Are you sure you're not just a little Italian? I love seeing how you incorporate food into every aspect of your life - I'm very much the same! Congrats again and happy blogging!

Su-Yin -Décorateur said...

aww...*tear*...
thanks guys; really means a lot to have so many congratulatory messages. XOXo