January 1, 2011

Me? Power? Come on! That's ridiculous!!

Poised for Power. Wahhhhhhhh.... hahaha I had a sacarstic smirk on my face when i read it! LOL As i browsed through the entire wall trying to find a picture of myself (how vain!) hehe I recognized so many many famous faces! I was starstruck.. i thought to myself.. wow.. I'm on the wall with THESE people?! Mindblowingly humbling experience for me.
It was an honour.. okay wait.. a great great honour to have been picked as Prestige magazine's Top 40 under 40. And to be the youngest of the 40! OMG! that's ridiculous! *proud grin*
There were corporate CEO's, world class atheletes, actresses, internationally known music artists, scientists and inventors with knowledge to change mankind.. and I... the baker girl who makes Delectable cakes! Haha.. seriously; i was just incredibly humbled and amused to be part of it all.
Congratulations to the rest of the 39! Who some of which are my customers and dear friends; and some who I look up to as example.
My parents and sis came along to watch.. and I got to get on stage for a tiny 'throphy' which I will keep forever!!

17 comments:

EllenN said...

Congratulations! May 2011 be a great year for you. Happy New Year to you, your family & your loved ones! ;)

metamor4sis said...

Super well done Sue!

That Dog Dancing Guy said...

Congratulations Su!

Amazing and Inspirational!

NorwegianAngel said...

Congratulations, that must have been an awesome experience! :)

Wendy Chia said...

Hi Su Yin
Just want to let you know that I have always admire your talent. I wish I can have half of your talent but I couldn't even get my marble cake to be soft. Really envious of you.
Well all the best to you and keep up the good work :)

Jo Serwey said...

congrats! Top 40!!! thats just way too awesome!

Carven said...

Congratulations :)

Chris said...

How very nice to have what u are passionate about recognized and honoured!

Y3K food & travel said...

Congratulations Su! You deserve it!

Michelle Chin said...

Cooking is not only your passion. It is your calling! Happy new year. May the good things keep rolling in!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You deserved it. Angie CTY

veggietestkitchen said...

congratulations! you are proof that people can make it when they follow their passions and stay authentic. cheers!

Su Kim said...

congrats!!!!

hee..my big brother is in there too!

boo_licious said...

Congrats again Su! Bought the magazine straight away when I read you got into the "Power List"!

Keep up the good work gal.

G.Lee said...

WOW! i can't believe how far you've gone. amazing amazing amazing

Charlie and Tango on a Sunday said...

Congratulations Su! You shouldn't feel embarrassed. You definitely deserve to be up there.

Once again, I beg you to expand your empire to Australia ;-)

Ivone said...

what an amazing achievement, Su! I've been your biggest fan the second I stumbled into your blog. You have inspired me ever since with your tremendous talent, amazing creativity, and yet you're so humble and down to earth. I hope can meet you one of these days (after my two kids have grown, of course... and in a meantime, I have to be grounded for a while..) CONGRATULATIONS again, you deserve it!