October 18, 2009

Happy Deepavali to all!

It's been a whirlwind of cultural celebrations in Malaysia in the past weeks!
From my first experience of being in this industry; i must say, they've all hit me as overwhelming shocks each turn! Hari raya, Mooncake festival, Deepavali, Halloween.. Christmas and Chinese new year.. they always initially seem like a ways worth... but before I can actually organize myself with new ideas each time; POW! it's next week!!! haha I promise myself to not put myself in this situation next year. I'm going to prepare WAYYYY in advance. I'm attempting to do that as we speak; but it's just taxing with the weddings and birthdays weekly to juggle at the same time.

Generally before the seasons arrive; it's hard to gather inspiration or hunt down new ideas from about town. I guess now i really do have to rely on myself as a trend setter for each festive season. It gets boring as well when everyone else comes up with similar things each year. I try at best to be unconventional most of the time; but that sometimes contradicts with how traditional and culturally conservative I am personally. I suppose it's about that balance I have to find each time. Making things attractive and unique is easy; maintaining its meaning and it's cultural value takes its difficulty level one step higher.
Anyhow; Happy Diwali to all!
For those celebrating and not~ It's a the festival of lights and colour! that's got to be fun no?
Grab yourself a good portion of Indian delicacies, curries, spices, briyanis, naans... wash it down with a thick and fresh mango lassi... finish off with a sinfully sweet gulab jamun! Now that's something to celebrate this weekend! *burp* ;)

6 comments:

Marina Mott said...

So fancy...as always!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately we don't celebrate Deepavali here in Brazil (I only learned about this celebration through your blog and orkut), but, even so: happy deepavali to you!

Marina

Anonymous said...

Happy Diwali to you too Su, this shows how all of us are united, no matter who you are or where you come from the only thing that's important is to spread "Love" "Joy" and "Peace"... Take care

Poorva

tRiEi cRiSiS said...

I love diwali too~~~
It's so full of colours and food~~~

Dyan said...

Hi Su,
I see DC's COOKIES! :) Great job btw, everyone loved it

Kiran said...

Happy Diwali SU ;) Love the spread you did for Diwali. And I loveeeeee Gulab Jamun!

triton said...

ur cake so nice...
太棒了,你的手艺高超……请多多指教……