These 15 cupcakes had a story behind them...it isn't a funny story; for me at least... because I was part of the story! :P
- Jenny orders cupcakes... sends me a group photo of her group members and says she wanted cupcake faces for all of them.
- I quoted her a price..
- It was confirmed...
- and I began the design..
- I drew a face for every person (well ...so I thought)
- and began planning to bake a batch of 12 cupcakes...(each batch bakes a full tray in the muffin pan....so 1 tray of 12)
- She calls a couple days later and adds one more cupcake to the order...THAT'S 13!!!
- This meant..I had to bake 2 full batches of 24 just for one extra cupcake!
- No worries...the girls and I at home were happy to eat the extra bits... yummy~
- A night before the delivery...I went ahead with frosting them..
- TADAH! 13 beautiful cupcakes!!
- I took a break after I had finished; boxed the cupcakes...and went online..... Jenny gets on MSN;
- She writes me a msg..
"thanks for the 15 cupcakes... eddy will collect them tonight"
- 15?!?!?! Oh My GOD!... it was 3 hours away... and I had only 13 beautiful cupcakes!
- Well I missed out a person in the picture...and I assumed Jenny didn't expect one of herself. *sob* I knew I should have asked in advance... Now all the unfrosted baked goodies have been eaten...and I need to bake another batch asap!...
- Lucky for me... I had another cake order this weekend; and I stole 2 cupcakes full of batter for the round cake I was baking for a sculpted cake! Now we don't have to get fat on the third batch of cake *wink*
- I frosted these last 2 in a hurry~ and they were off!
a hard earned buck...
*laughs*Nothing but my carelessness to blame.. Some lessons in life; I'll never learn. :'(