February 27, 2007

Uni has begun....

....5 full subjects this semester; have spent long hours in a lecture today.
*writers block*

Here's pictures from my lunch break activity. I'm so glad I live 2 minutes away from Uni. Makes de-stressing with my oven easy.

Triple Berry yogurt muffins


1 can mixed berries in syrup (drained)
375 gms plain flour sifted
4 tsp baking powder
125 gms unsalted butter (softened and diced)
130 castor sugar (I reduced this by 1/2)
2 large eggs (beaten lightly)
1 cup mixed berry yogurt (I used Ski's D-light)
Assortment of berries and a couple spoonfuls of whipped cream for toppings (optional)

Beat sugar and butter till light and fluffy. Add eggs in 3 small batches, beating well after each addition. Beat till well incorporated. Add in wet berries, yogurt and stir gently to combine. Lightly fold in sifted flour and baking powder. Careful not to over work the batter. Spoon into mini muffin molds and leave out 1-2 patty tin holes empty. Fill these with water and bake in preheated 180 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or till centers are cooked through. The water helps keep the muffins moist in the oven. Cool on a wire rack and serve topped with tiny dollops of whipped cream and fresh mixed berries.I found the technique with water very helpful. I've experienced problems with dry mini muffins before. I'm not certain if it'll work for all types though.
Substitute the berries with chopped apricots soaked in some orange juice if you like.
Hope I'll be more inspired to write tomorrow.
It's bedtime for Su.
Gnight guys.

No comments: