I remember having a habit of nick-naming those turning 21 -"oldy-moldy", but I guess now that applies to me too huh? *laughs* On my 19th birthday, my wish; as I blew out the candles was "To be 19 FOREVER" Haha. With the age, comes the "Key" which represents "freedom". "Freedom" sounds like a great thing to have...but they really never talk about how it also means you are expected to be fully responsible for your actions when you are declared "free"! I thought I would be pretty upset on the 12th of September 2006 when I turned "oldy-moldy" myself, but I was wrong. I had a full day to trace back the 21 years of my life...and decided there's much to cherish, remember and be proud of.
I usually dedicate a birthday "post" to friends of mine on their birthdays; but on this post of MY own special day, my dedication goes out to All the wonderful and "*&^#@$*^" people that I've associated with throughout my 21 years. Laughter and cheer has filled my days with unforgettable memories, "Unwanted-happenings" have taught me about life and sad days from hurtful people and mean remarks have made me stronger. When I was 15, young and naive; a wise friend scribbled on my "white-board" as I was almost in tears; "What doesn't break you; will only make you stronger" I still live life with that in mind; and I feel it's brought me to my many adventures in the things I yearned and success in the things I love; without ever feeling I have failed in any way. It was never a failure; it was an "attempt" *grin*
Thanks so much;
- Pa,Ma and Jie ..for being the center and foundation of my life and molding me into the person that I am today.
- Grandpa...for the love and the "spoiling"...for the songs you've sung to us and the lessons you've taught us
- Aunties and Uncles....for the guidance, encouragement and thoughtfulness
- Cousins: For the many "baby-sitting" days you've slogged thru, and the times we've played together.
- Gloria: for being a more than a guardian
- Teachers from school and college: for the knowledge and discipline.
- Schoolmates and peers : for giving me the competition to fight for the best.
- Old Friends: Who I treasure and respect. We've went separate paths in our lives but our friendship will always have a special spot in my heart.
- New Friends: For brightening my days here in Sydney and discovering more about life together.
- "Special" Friends and Peers: For holding my hand thru the many ups and downs of life. It was nice to have people to depend on and share my thoughts with. It may not have been perfect...but it was an experience nonetheless.
- Housemates: For taking my constant crap and letting me be your "mommy" :P Hehe.
- *&$#)$#: for teaching me lessons first hand - on how to look out for *&#$*#@_)'s like you!
- Virtual buddies: For making my online-gaming life complete
- Gym buddies: For looking so good when you sweat! ;)
- Acquaintances: for filling my life with colour and diversity.
What did I do for my birthday?
I was greeted by a lovely rainbow outside my window early that morning, jumped into comfy clothes, went shopping and ate an enjoyable lunch; despite how the food was "disgusting-ly inedible"! Haha.It's great being 21...can't wait to face the world and it's many challenges with my new found "freedom"!
p.s: thanks EVERYone who sent thoughtful messages, sms-es, flowers, cards and phonecalls. It meant alot to know that you remembered. I know I'm an idiot when it comes to dates and birthdays...and I'm glad you didn't hold that grudge when I let your special day slip past. Despite my bad memory and lousy efforts to keep in touch; I'm glad you made an effort...it feels nice to be on your mind. Lots of Hugs and Kisses;
**For those expecting a food related post....don't get your panties in a knot; It's coming up tommorow *wink*