June 16, 2006

What do you do with leftover roast potatoes?

This is just something I conveniently whipped up for dinner with a couple of leftovers from yesterday. Don't bother asking me "What is it? or What it's called"....it's just roast potatoes with sauce. The girls and I get bored of plain potatoes with olive oil and herbs sometimes. It's a nice refreshing change to the ordinary roasted potatoes; and I get a chance to add in a couple of dashes of tabasco to make it hot and spicy! We love our 'spicy' :)
I personally loved the combination of roast potatoes+onions+garlic with a little hint of sour from the tomatoes in every scoop. The torn up shreds of ham in between helped satisfy the meat-asorous in me. Can't say too much today...a little behind on my studying.
1 medium bowl of roast potatoes -skins in tact (with olive oil and Italian herbs)
400ml can roma tomatoes
2 thick slices ham torn or sliced into strips
1/2 large brown onion sliced into rings
2 tsp chili powder/paprika
2 bay leaves
3 cloves garlic crushed and diced fine
Tabasco sauce (as much or as little as you like)
2 tbsp olive oil

Cook onions+garlic+bayleaves+ham in olive oil till onion is wilted and fragrant. Add in chili+tabasco+tomatoes and cook for another 10-15 minutes till it resembles a thick pasta sauce. Dish it out into a bowl; top with roast potatoes and give it a good toss before serving.
We had our potatoes with Lebanese bread topped with grilled chicken pieces marinated Indian Spices. It's a strange dinner-combo; I know...but I didn't have much time to prepare a proper meal; the aim today was just to cook quick and snappy; eat and get back to studying....What am I doing now? That's called procrastinating....I really should get back to work! Ta~

No comments: