May 12, 2006

Vanilla Raspberry Squares

The Canadian Baker has a collection of amazing recipes; and yesterday, she made delicious looking Almond fingers! I just had to try them........Immediately! *grin* As some may realize, I'm the biggest rebel when it comes to sets of flavours and I'm not really a fan of restrictive recipes. Most people would say that I'm "creative", some say I massacre good recipes, but I personally feel; I'm just practical, and lazy to leave home for ingredients - at times.
I took a quick read of the ingredients and dashed downstairs to start heating up the oven. I had everything I needed in the pantry; except for the almond extract. I thought about it for a few seconds and decided, why not vanilla!?
So this is what I came up with. I made my jam with sugar, raspberries and tiny sprinkles of grated orange peel in the microwave and left it to cool and thicken. His recipe is really good (even with vanilla instead of the almond he suggested) I would probably make these again, this time; with the proper ingredients.
I am planning to serve these chewy little semolina delights at the party tomorrow and that is why I cut them up so tiny. I guess I should have stuck to larger pieces to make them look more presentable. Oh well, I learn as I go along.Click here to link to The Canadian Baker and his recipe.

3 comments:

Jen said...

They look scruptious! Wow I have just discovered this little gem of a blog. It's great! All your picture are so yummy, so keep up the great work, can't wait to see what your whipping up next.

Anonymous said...

each time im cravin for something yummy, here i am...'droolin' at ur pictures..to quell my cravings instantly, hehe ...

LOVEly blog gurl...

HUGE fan

-ashwini-

Su-Yin -Décorateur said...

Thanks jen jen :)
and Ashwini...you should try the recipes out and let me know how they turn out! or...just wait December when were all back in Malaysia, and I'll make you some goodies.