May 22, 2006

Spanish Paella

I logged on to google and typed in a search for prawn paella. I had a quick browse through lists of recipes and ingredients and decided this one was fairly simple and convincing. Click here. The whole idea of making paella was relatively hassle free as I had an electric multicooker which I used to saute the ingredients and cook the rice in as well. We rarely have seafood at home as I find it difficult to store for long periods and they are fairly uneconomical (considering our tight budget). It was a nice change though...I got the prawns cooked just right and they were crisp and sweet. However, I don't think I'll be using this recipe in my next Paella attempt; maybe I was worried about putting in too much salt or I went wrong somewhere with the prawn stock, but the rice was a little too bland.

No comments: