May 2, 2006

Moroccan flavours

It really isn't authentic Moroccan food, considering the fact that it's cooked by a Chinese girl who has had very little experience with cooking + eating Moroccan dishes. However, I personally feel I faked it well *smiles*
I made these filo pastry meat rolls which were a big hit at the dinner table. Making these mince meat cigars were rather time consuming as it involved preparing the filling, wrapping it and shallow frying. I served it with sour cream and sweet chili sauce. We had chicken cooked in yogurt, toasted almonds, tomatoes and a long list of spices which include sweet paprika, cumin, coriander leaves, cloves, tumeric and cinnamon sticks. As a side dish, I decided to have a go at feeding everyone sauerkraut; but I don't think it is something we're going to be having often. Everything was served on a bed of fragrant couscous.

No comments: