April 15, 2006

In less than 30 minutes.

I did my grocery shopping this afternoon with a sweet friend who offered to come along to help me with the HUGE load of weekly shopping. My housemates were occupied (one going through a major exam and another in Adelaide for the holidays) and so I needed some help and some company. We only got home about 12pm and I haven't had anything prepared for lunch as our kitchen was bare! I hastily unpacked the shopping and chopped up some vegetables to make this quick and healthy lunch for the my nerd-ing housemate, my strong helper and myself. Cantonese people would call it 'Sang-choi-pau' (thanks for the idea mommy!) Here is a list of what i had inside:
  • Carrots
  • shallots
  • turnip
  • tomatoes
  • capsicum
  • minced pork
  • green chillies
  • garlic
Dice the vegetables, stir fry in 2 tbsp hoi sin sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, a splash of chinese cooking wine and salt to taste. Wrap in cold crunchy iceberg lettuce leaf pockets to eat. Serve with sambal sauce if diners like it spicy!

This is another quickie dinner I made in less than 30 minutes. Okay..I lied, it takes more than 30 minutes for the marinade. hehe but if marinated before hand, the cooking will most likely take you less than 30 minutes. Marinade chicken for at least 2 hours in your favourite Indian spices or any other flavour you like. I made mine in a tandoori honey marinade....i know, you probably think it sounds weird; but I didn't have any yogurt left in the fridge, so I decided to just use honey!
Serve the chicken with this quick naan recipe:

No comments: