April 17, 2006

For a very special girl



Today's post is dedicated to one very special and dear childhood friend whose birthday I somehow unthoughtfully managed to forget! *whacks top of head with frying pan* I deserve it, I'm so sorry! I am as bad with birthdays and names as I am with making meringue! (and my meringue is vveryy verryyy bad, I have never made a SINGLE successful batch in many many attempts). Anyway, back to the birthday of my darling friend who has been so sweet the past 15 years, I decided to make something I knew she would love; and ate it!....on her behalf :P (Sue ann, ill make you a batch when im back in Malaysia...I promise! *muah*). I was aware of her love for everything chocolate from childhood days when she taught me how to eat Milo in a thick gooey form; made from heaped tablespoons of Milo and tiny drops of water. This white chocolate pudding which ozzes out hot white chocolate from the inside and is covered in a rich warm layer of chocolate ganache just reminds me so much of you! Ann, you've been a wonderful friend through the years and you've helped shape me to be the person I am today. Thanks for filling my childhood with amazing and unforgettable memories and thank you for making an effort to keep our friendship going (unlike so many 2 year friendships i've had)...Its been great having you in my life; my petite, beautiful, charming and talented Sue Ann.

*wipes tears* Okaay, back to the topic of food and cooking; I made baked stuffed tomatoes in crusted mozzarella served with a ham and cheese crepe and toasted Parmesan garlic bread slices.
Garlic bread is one of the many favourites in this household, It is my favourite to make as well! Its so easy with the McCormick garlic powder which works wonders on good quality butter and crusty bread. I usually sprinkle my buttered bread with the garlic seasoning, oregano flakes and a small dash of Parmesan to give it a cheesy flavour. The tomatoes were stuffed with minced meat cooked in caramelised onions, garlic, chili flakes, Lea&Perrins and topped with melted mozzarella and breadcrumbs. The tomatoes help keep the meat moist in the oven and creates a soft warm shell for the flavoursome juices from the cooked meat inside. I liked it, it was YUM! Will definately try it again...next time, ill stuff a capsicum!

No comments: