June 22, 2011

The Angry birds Phenomenon

Being a long and faithful Blackberry user; I began noticing angry birds paraphernalia at shopping malls, gift stores, gadgets, markets.. they were EVERYwhere! Round red and triangular yellow pillows at the back of cars...toys hanging off children school bags and stationary.. all over the place! What are these crazy looking birds?!.. i didn't realize for some time that they were from a Catapult game on Apple mobile products. All my Iphone buddies have been kept busy and addicted to this... and I have just jumped onto the bandwagon when dad got himself an Ipad. Now the entire family takes turns beating each others high scores everyday! Haha mom's pretty good... but I've got an unfair advantage with spending half my teenage years being hooked on games like worms and gunbound; mechanics are so similar. Makes me an instant angry birds MasTER~ *grin*



About a month ago; I was so lucky to meet Jackie and Miyuki who requested for a unique wedding cake concept. They wanted something fun, different ... and ANGRY birDS! YAY!!! I was thrilled!

Being very careful not to go overboard with the decorating and the colours; I conceptualized something that still resembled a cake for a wedding. Their friends had sketched them 2 little cartoon characters which was used in the wedding invitations and decor. I made the cute image of them both as a couple into a 3D topper they could keep.
The cake was so much fun to make; and at delivery; her friends and family all looked at the cake and went... OoOooo angry birds.. that's SOOo miyuki! haha I wonder if they played with the catapult and the birds after the wedding dinner. hehe I would have... though it was all made of all sugar; it would probably have been a fun and yummy angry birds real life war!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome cake! You're SO talented Su!! :) I think if I get married, I will have to get married in Malaysia so that you can make my wedding cake!

Simon Leong said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT :-)

Receitas ao Desafio said...

We at home are addicted to this game. It's phenomenal.
You are so gifted.
Kisses from Portugal.
Patrícia

Pureglutton said...

I'm addicted to Angry Birds game as well and have played all of them on my iPhone, haha! Your creations are so lovely & realistic - well done, love them!

Lauren Hicks said...

If me and my boyfriend got married, that might be our cake. It is amazing! You are so talented.

LunaMoonbeam said...

Love it!! Every time I read one of your posts, I wish you were my neighbor and we could hang out. haha

Unknown said...

Awesome! Have you seen THIS Angry Birds cake on YouTube? It's actually playable! Perhaps you'll be making it one day!

http://youtu.be/-hwVRzaQNkA

PlumLeaf 李葉 said...

Excellent Cake! The Angry Birds are just so real!!!! lol

de-Kaffeinated! said...

OMG! What a feast to my eyes after a long and tiring day in the office. Thanks for putting a smile on my face, Su.

TranceGemini12 said...

Your work is always beautiful! Ambition & talent, I admire you very much!

Kiran said...

Love the cake! So pretty! Obviously, the current obsession with Angry Birds are huge. Look at how cute those birdies are? :D

Carmen said...

You are insanely talented. I have been following your blog since the very beginning.
Please open up a shop in NYC. =]

lidia said...

i've always checked out your blog and had never commented before but i felt the need to tell you that i admire you so much. i think you are so talented and it just amazes how much detail, time and dedication you put into your work. you are one inspiring woman.

lidia said...

btw, angry birds rule (:

Anonymous said...

hahahah! you've done it again! Super Cute! Excellent cake!

Two fit and fun gals said...

love the angry birds cake!

Su-Yin -Décorateur said...

lilly: Hahaha dont be silly! u can fly the baker there instead! :P *hint hint* hahaha

aunt lolo: None of my neighbours hang out with me :( haha

jinger: yea.. saw that one :P ahhaha super cute!

carmen: IN TIME my love.. IN TIME! hahaha *cross fingers*

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'll be doing many many more angry bird cakes in days to come.. it's such a trend these days.
I appreciate the love im getting from all around the planet! You guys are amazing.
Humbles me to know theres someone at the other end of the earth who likes what I do.

Thanks for taking the itme to write.
Sorry it took me so long to respond.