December 13, 2008

You know it's getting a little out of hand..

..when your dreams are filled with penguins too! *laughs*
Em and I confessed to each other about our penguin nightmares after a full 2 weeks of doing nothing but penguin 'things'. This year's Christmas was all about penguins.. and it was a whole lot of fun!! they are too cute! I might do polar bears next year... or maybe seals? or Santa's? I don't know yet; too early to start planning.
I can't thank everyone enough for placing orders and supporting my sprouting business with cakes. I've put much effort into this first spontaneous project that we thought we'd just try out. I wasn't ready to take the leap into such risks; costs of production, hours, transport, packaging..all that was too overwhelming to organize within just a week or two, but I looked too Em and asked if she would catch me if need be; and she promised to have my back. Too awesome.
We still laugh at the thought of calling ourselves the 'cake elves' haha... Never thought of myself in a silly red jumpsuit and pointy shoes which curl up!

Apart from "love, joy and peace" penguins; I went out of my way to redesign a few extra special ones by request for several very important individuals. They were TOO cute! I had to post them up; so so adorable... thanks Celine for the opportunity to do more with my penguins. Hehe It was a fun change to the 3 designs I was getting so used to!





Well the penguins have now been given homes..and I've moved on to different projects since.
It's a relief, but I must admit.. i do miss the little guys. My work room looks much less Christmas-y now without them.**thank you family cake elves for the long hours of box making :) truly appreciate the kind effort.


I've been brainstorming for a cool concept for Chinese new year! Really excited to reveal it very soon. I wish I had more time. ahhh!!! Chinese new year in less than a month!!
Things are still a little crazy at the moment for me... my schedule on the wall is taking up almost every 'post'able spot. Kinda overwhelming; but I can't complain. I absolutely love my job! and it's even more satisfying when others love what I do too!
Too lucky! I pinch myself every morning.
I know I havn't made time to seriously take a break and write fun things on my blog; but it's been getting more and more tough and I need some time to reorganize and gather my hours together. hehe I'm a newbie to this type of holiday stress!
This weekend has been really exciting!

I can't wait to post pictures! Su was invited to do cupcake demos for Ben10 at a kids event hosted by Cartoon Network. I'll be at it again tomorrow morning and noon giving away Ben10 goodies..at our National Science Center in Mount Kiara. Will speak about the 'School Holiday Camp' by Astro very soon. Need to get some photos first! haha. **EVENT was held on Sat and Sun from 10 am to 4pm*
You know a secret? I'm afraid of kids. Especially when there are a lot of them. *shame* Haha I get nervous in front of little people; but less with adults. Weirdness. *hmm*

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA.. i am the opposite - not afraid of kids! lol! So delicious pictures, filled with cute penguins and x'mas cheers! great job Su! you are so busy, yet manage to find time to blog. that is very commendable :)

Anonymous said...

When is the event at National Science Center? My son loves Ben 10!

Kelly said...

It's great how the start has been- hope the next year will be even better!

Anonymous said...

they are adorable!!
i thought the HSC stood for higher school certificate which i am starting now :S haha but i think it's a medical centre over there. congratulations and merry christmas from down under!

rachel said...

ahhh the penguins are adorable! :)

i sent you an email about custom-made penguins cake toppers for my wedding! i hope you'll agree, after seeing more of the cute little penguins i'd be so disappointed if yuo say no!

Sharon said...

They all look amazing and your penguins are too cute! I've been inspired to do some penguins of my own too, but they will just be gifts for my family and friends :)

Anonymous said...

aaaah! too cute to speak off!
Merry Christmas. haha your house looks quite funny now! so many packaging boxes
m

Anonymous said...

Hi Su,

There is an award waiting for you here http://escribble.wordpress.com/2008/12/16/butterfly-proximity-award-character-of-the-day/ :)

Hazel said...

I love your designs and makes me feel like in magical land.It makes me have a urge to learn the passion of baking.

Any idea where can i learn it?

MissTeow said...

The penguins are absolutely adorable! You've done such an a amazing job! Yes I agree you are lucky to love your work, not many people have that ;)

Anonymous said...

I would like to know how u do ur snowflake.... they look so adorable ... did u have a small tiny cutter for that?

Regards,
Madeline.

Evi said...

wow those cakes looks beautiful. Happy X'mas. Love the tooper too:)

Anonymous said...

Youa re just TOOO GOOOD babe! If yr residing in Singapore, I will definitely want you to make me a Birthday cake! And Ill pay at any cost!

siany said...

heloo su yin.... i was one of your big fan...
just wondering, do you mind if i use your penguin design into my cake...
i sale it in indonesia....
please let me know...
i will put your name in my blog....
thank you

Anonymous said...

I love the cute expressions on the little figurines. Truly animated and pretty! The detail is amazing.

Sweets fan