December 6, 2008

Su's sweating bullets!

Metaphorically speaking. *grin*
Being stuck in my constant 22 degree celcius work room makes it almost impossible to perspire.
Haha. December really is THE month for all festivities. I've received a record number of cake orders for birthday and events since I've returned from the US. December has been ridiculous! Ridiculously pleasant of course! I guess it's something about the year end season that gets everyone in the mood for celebrating just about anything. I'm so glad I have Em with me to help coordinate phone calls and confirmations... I don't know how else I'd be coping without extra hours from her.
It's been days since I've had more than 5 hours of good sleep.. I wonder when I get the energy to stay awake! Haha I'm often found skipping about the house when we close new deals together and get fun little projects to design. I love it! Well; part of me wishes December would go by quicker, but part of me loves the rare stress I have from quantity! Silly. heeee...
I wish people would call in earlier though.. definitely gives me a little more time to conceptualize a suitable idea.
At this rate; i can definitely see us moving into an office/retail space in less than a year. I don't think our current temporary set up is going to hold up much longer. *laughs* I'm currently working on our Christmas cake elves project and have been doing penguins for days now. There are penguins along my desk; my cake trays; baking sheets, shelves...... Penguins everywhere! Too cute. I'm going to make a penguin 'play-land' *giggle*Speaking of penguins...Thanks heaps to the many who placed orders and showed their support. The closing date was today and the response has been overwhelming. I truly appreciate it guys.. So so awesome..
It's pretty sweet having a blog.
Funny how it's lead me to doing what I love as a career. It's all too exciting!
Alright.. it's 4am; that means it's bedtime for Su.

XOXO

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Su,
The penguins are looking so adorable! Reminds me of Happy Feet :D Can't wait to sample them when I am back to Malaysia in Feb09. You are doing a great job dear, stay tough and hang in there!

Anonymous said...

dear su yin, im a big fan of ur 'art'. and to my surprise, i found 1 cake maker use ur deco without giving credit to u. u might wanna have a peep on her work. the blog is http://mycuppycupcake.blogspot.com/ in this entry http://mycuppycupcake.blogspot.com/2008/11/to-orderplease-contact-eena-60193593737_30.html

tragic girl said...

Hey Su, it's been great following your journey from Sydney to this..the penguins are adorable! I've often wished I could set up a pattiserie or the likes too, but I have to brush up on the baking, by tenfold maybe.. I got a little something for you on my blog. :)

Poorni Pillai said...

They ae so cute Su! I'd just stare at them for hours if I had one in front of me :) Adorable!

Breadpitt said...

this is a very fine art work , take time and effort,good job su yin

Lydia said...

SuYin, your penguins are truly adorable! I felt like pinching them! I am so happy that you are happy doing what you are now, best of luck! xx

Anonymous said...

is that a cutting mat?

ahaha anyway those are adorable! :D

shavedicesundays said...

Su, your creations are absolutely beautiful. My eyes are popping out looking at all your photos.

Su-Yin -Décorateur said...

hi guys! so nice to everyone to leave comments! haha I know im slow with the responses..but i do try real hard! promise! haha

Anonymous: WOW!.. just WOW!... hahahah she called my faces 'puteri gunung ledang' Hahahahahaha... I meant for mine to be pretty fairies.. but meh; its funny how she even followd my packaging style and my hantaran cakes too.. whats the most annoying bit is that shes SELLING THEM! in MALAYSIA! In KL!! where I AM!... DAng it.. hahaha
thanks for the update :P it's cool to know

foodbox: aww your too sweet.

miakoda: hard for me not to :P

jiaying: yes! :P hehe I lvoe it

shavedicesundays: hehe... *pushes shavedicesundays's back into sockets* :P there you go darling hehe