December 23, 2006

MeRRy XmAS to ALL!

My family and I will be off to a tiny Island resort for the Christmas weekend. Shall be back and blogging in a couple of days.... till then...here's a moreish quick-mix cake recipe for those last minute xmas gifts ;)Moist Mocha Loaves
1 tbsp cocoa powder+2 tbsp strong coffee granules diluted in 2 tbsp hot water.
225g butter softened
210g castor sugar
225g self raising flour
4 eggs
1 tsp baking powder

Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer on high for 2-3 minutes till a smooth/creamy batter is formed. Divide into 3 9 inch loaf tins/cases. Bake in preheated 160 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool on wire rack.Frosting :
50g butter (softened)
3 tbsp milk
100g milk chocolate
175g icing sugar
Melt chocolate, butter and milk in a bowl over simmering hot water. Stir till smooth. Sift in icing sugar and beat till smooth and thick. Spread over cooled cakes. Dust with icing sugar or decorate to match festive season~...
I used dessicated coconut on mine to resemble snow flakes...add on a coupe of modeled fondant penguins, candy canes and xmas trees.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi dear friend,

It's always a pleasure to find new friends. Nice to meet you. Your blog seems interesting to me.

Shahrzad

Anonymous said...

Hello & Seasons Greetings from across the ditch. I was searching the blog world when your blog popped up. It is really interesting and worth sharing, so I was wondering if I can include it in the listings on my Foodies bLog.
The easiest way to find my blogs is a search on Google.
Key in - krazy kelvin
Click - I'm feeling lucky.

Have a good one.

Flower said...

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. Hope you have a happy Chrissie in Malaysia.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your holidays!! Merry Christmass

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

The cake recipe looks easy enough, will try it soon. Thanks!

And your modelling and decorating skills are continually improving. Every new creation looks fantastic.

Su-Yin -Décorateur said...

shahrzad: hiya :) nice to hear from you

kelvin: SUre thing! im honoured.LOL I'll definitely check your blog out! Exploring blogs can be addictive sometimes huh? LOL

flower+swee: thanks darls ;) XOXO xmas is over..but hope u had a great one yourself ;)

esther: Yea..its easy and quick to do. Store it in an airtight container to keep it moist for longer ;) thanks so much for the compliments...I'm trying really hard to practise more often..hope it evolves into something big as I grow older :)