July 8, 2006

Penguins in a Cup

I'll be gone for several days...been really busy with parents/sister etc. Have been cooking; but havn't been blogging...will probably catch up soon :)
I'm off to Cairns for the week!! Hope to be back and have my blog up and running ASAP!
XOXO;
SuIt's a "cup"cake I made for my mom. It's a mochachinno cupcake covered in a cream cheese frosting and modeled sugar penguins playing in snow! Was a lot of fun to make...will have more details available soon....rushing to catch the plane! tataz~

8 comments:

amie said...

Awww! They are sooo cute! Sugar dough is super for that kinda thing. Makes me want to make some little friends.That's one fantastic shot.

Lex said...

hey there... I made my cupcakes today.. and well...hmmm, the cake turned out well but the icing was bad tho... it kept melting when i took it out of the fridge.. need help... add me on msn and hopefully we can talk :)
cheers

Cuisine Paradise said...

Wow.. suyin.. this is such as wonderful cupcake.. so envy your mummy leh.... :)

May i know where u get the Penguins from? Or u made it your own? Is so cute...... How i wish i can make something like that for my son...

Jen said...

Suyin, this is too cute! I love penguins, did you make them yourself?

Su-Yin -Décorateur said...

been back for a couple hours...thanks everyone for the compliments on the penguins...i made them myself by hand and stuck them on....the hard bit was making the black bits of sugar paste/...i kept getting it grey...it was frustrating

Cuisine Paradise said...

Oic... suyin can u teach or do you have any easy recipe on making sugar paste? Thanks.

Su-Yin -Décorateur said...

sure ellena, I'll post one up soon...maybe in a couple of weeks time :)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Yin
THANKS FOR ARRANGING THE WONDERFUL HOLIDAY.THE PENGUINS WERE LOVELY BUT SAD THAT IT HAD A NATURAL DEATH (MELTED) . MAYBE YOU CAN TRY MAKING THEM WITH FLOUR DOUGH. ANYWAY THEY ARE TOO CUTE TO EAT.
LOVE YOU .
MOM