April 19, 2006

Strawberry and Chocolate Souffle


My first attempt at souffle today turned out perfect! Starting off with a good banana souffle recipe, a pint of juicy strawberries, and some melted milk chocolate, I had a go at making my own favourite flavour; strawberry chocolate! It turned out light and fluffy on the inside and the combination of strawberries and chocolate was divine. For an exact definition of what a souffle is, click here.

I made the souffle as an accompaniment to dinner; grilled chicken with spicy sesame dressing served with garlic toast, kumara chips, and potato soup with bacon bits. This is probably the first soup which was given the thumbs up from my housemates, it was yum! link here for the recipe of the soup from Kristen. (thanks Kristen) Kumara chips were made by peeling and slicing the kumara with a vegetable peeler; creating thin layers. Scatter onto a baking tray, drizzle with few drops of olive oil and freshly ground black pepper, and pop under the grill till they turn crisp! It is a healthy way of making chips and makes a good side dish for grills and steaks.

3 comments:

Kristen Kai said...

I'm so glad you got a chance to make the soup. It is one of my fam's favs! Happy to help. Love, Kristen!

Anonymous said...

save some for me..looks fantastic..i'm droolin all over the screen

Su-Yin -Décorateur said...

its was finished up this morning pinky dear....ill make another batch when u come home :)