April 23, 2006

Baking with company

I had a lovely lovely time baking today. It was a little buttercake covered in milk chocolate and pink icing for a very dear girlfriend (the chocoholic housemate @ medicine student) who is currently stressing herself out of her mind for an exam tomorrow. Me and my pretty-miss-pinky decided to make her an Extremely belated birthday cake; just for the sake of a candle blowing ceremony as we knew she would be needing that wish right now. It is a little childish; I know...but I guess it's something to cheer her up, and something to send thoughtful wishes of good luck from the both of us. She was falling asleep when we waltzed into her room with happy tunes "Happy-birthday" and she woke up, half conscious saying; My...Birthday?...Is it my birthday?!...It was funny, I wish I took a video! Although I know I wouldn't need it as these are memories of my dear friends and life at University which will probably stay with me for years to come.
I strongly recommend baking with a friend...or even friendS, forget the old saying "too many cooks spoil the broth" or in this case, cake/cookies/any other yummylicious-desert-type-thing, forget the calories, forget the trouble of cleaning up, because it's not how delectable it tasted or how good it looks but the fun times you get to share with people who mean a lot to you. Have fun and make "booboo's", it's all for laughs at the end of the day.

No comments: